Monday, August 4, 2008

Women with Power Tools

A couple weeks ago, my mom and I went IKEA shopping for all kinds of fun things for her new office. This weekend...it was assembling time. Brody, the ultimate assembler-builder-man, unfortunately could not accompany me, and my mom and I were on our own. Our first amazing feat was carrying the box from the car, while opening the door, into the building, and into the office. After about an hour of grunting and pushing and sweating...we did it! See above picture - a beautiful shelving unit, assembled all by ourselves. It was then that we realized that we had left the car illegally parked, with the trunk open.

So I've decided that I can relate almost all instances in my life to a quote from the TV show "Friends." Therefore, I will include a quote on all future posts for your enjoyment.

Friends quote
Chandler: Yes, and I get my ya-yas from IKEA. You have to put them together yourself, but they cost a little less.

2 comments:

Shmacque said...

It's A Normal Swedish Name.... IKEA
Wow IKEA What an Unusual name....

The Park's said...

What would you do without your two favorite stores? Sounds like you have a fun time. I still haven't ate there yet!