Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tootle-ooo USU

So I FINALLY got a job!! I am going to be the Marketing Department Coordinator at ICON Health and Fitness. I feel so lucky to have gotten the one job, after many many applications and interviews, that I actually wanted and thought I would enjoy. Today was my last day at the FACT center on campus because I start my new job tomorrow! It has been such a good place to work while going to school and during these last few months of awful awful job-hunting. My coworkers gathered for some ice cream in my honor and gave me some silly going-away gifts like a USU pendant for my new cubicle and an office voodoo kit. I am really going to miss working with them and getting paid to watch tv online. On a sentimental note, I realized today as I walked away from campus, that I will never NEED to go back there again. After four years, two degrees, and a job for the last 2 years, I'm finally done with USU. Weird.

Friends quote:
Rachel: Guess what?
Ross: You got a job?
Rachel: Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed at 12 interviews today
Chandler: And yet you're surprisingly upbeat!
Rachel: Well you would be too if you got new boots 50% off
Chandler: Oh how well you know me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting. It's weird how a college has that kind of effect on you, huh? It's kind of sad, really. That's awesome, though. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Julie said...

congrats on the job!! I don't think we will EVER be away from college! (if only it were USU...sigh) Love the Friends quotes!! (how YOU doin?)

Amy said...

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I left a building the last week I worked there I thought to myself...... I might not ever set foot in this building again. The strangest things make me sentimental. Congrats on the job! Ps I'm thinking lunch group dinner on monday........

Brian and Kristy said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you. You're so grown up now. A real job and everything. Congrats.

Shmacque said...

keep me updated on how you like your new job!! Also I love the Friends Quotes!!