Thursday, May 24, 2012
Posted by Traci at 7:19 AM
Monday, April 9, 2012
This post is for Jacque :) I made an owl pillow a few weeks ago - the fabric is a kitchen towel I bought at the Mall of America with Missy! Ahh...owls and chevron...
Chandler: Hi, my name’s Chandler. I just moved in next door and I was wondering if you would be interested in battling me in a post-apoplectic world for control of the galaxies last remaining energy source?
Joey: Sure, neighbor come on in.
Chandler: So, is Janine around?
Joey: Uh, no, she’s at dance class.
Chandler: Can I check out what she did to my room?
Joey: Yeah, but, hey look, don’t go through her stuff. She gets really mad.
Chandler: (The room is filled with flowers and a floral print sheet on the bed.) Oh my. What is th… it’s like a guy never lived in here. Look, you’ve got to be careful. This girl thing is dangerous. (Looking around the living room.) It’s spreading already.
Joey: (Looking around the room.) It is???
Chandler: (Picking up a pillow.) Yeah, is this your pretty pink pillow on the couch?
Posted by Traci at 9:02 PM
Monday, January 2, 2012
Here we go again! One of only 6 post this year :)... Books I've read in 2011:
- Fallen by Lauren Kate
- Building You Paparazzi Business by Ryan Daley
- See Jane Date by Melissa Senate
- Wicked Games by Jill Myles
- Start Something that Matters by Blake Mycoskie
- Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix by J.K. Rowling
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- Way to Be! by Gordon B. Hinckley
- Sugar and Spice by Lauren Conrad
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Deceit by Brandilyn Collins
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Condrad
Favorite book of the year: Divergent
Favorite re-read: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I cry every time)
Most influential book: Start Something That Matters (Read it! You'll want to change the world)
And now I'm looking for book suggestions for 2012! Go!
Posted by Traci at 7:55 AM
Monday, August 29, 2011
I am a total copycat. I fell in love with this mirror from IKEA:
Isn't it AWESOME?!? It is also $129, whomp whomp....
SO, I conned Brody into helping me make one! I took an old floor length mirror that I've had forever (the frame was held together with Duct tape - HOT) and chucked the frame:
This is the back view of the mirror (photographing mirrors is hard!) Then Brody made me a sweet frame:
And I bought the most amazing orange paint at Home Depot (did you know you can buy sample jars of ANY color for $2.95???) And WAHLAH:
It's so pretty!! And I love the reflection of my alphabet picture in the background (also an IKEA find) :)
Posted by Traci at 6:46 PM
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
and stood on top of an arch!
And we got to experience all types of weather.
80 mph WIND...
MONICA: Rachel you have to read this book. It's called Be Your Own Windkeeper. It's about how women need to become more empowered.
PHOEBE: Yeah and oh, and but there's, there's wind and the wind can make us Goddesses. But you know who takes out wind? Men, they just take it.
RACHEL: Men just take out wind?
PHOEBE: Ya-huh, all the time, cause they are the lightning bearers.
RACHEL: Well that sounds kinda cool, kinda like The Hobbit.
MONICA: It is nothing like the Hobbit.
Posted by Traci at 7:50 PM
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Posted by Traci at 1:36 PM
Thursday, March 10, 2011
It's been a month since Brody and I went to Orlando and I've finally gotten around to blogging about it...sounds about right. It was a spur-of-the-moment vacation and it was wonderful. My favorite part, of course, was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I want to live there. It was magical.
Here are just a few pictures - check out my facebook album for the rest of them :)
Posted by Traci at 6:07 PM