Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another over-ambitious project

5 years ago, I inherited my Great-Aunt Corinne’s dresser.  It was a beautiful dresser – solid wood, intricate details…so I painted it black (HOLLAH Emma and Mishc!).  I just prefer black furniture!
Anyway, after 5 years, it was looking a little hashed - so I thought instead of just giving it another black coat, I would get a little crazy (stupid Pinterest).  I love the idea and I love the end result, but this dresser was NOT easy.  See all the “beautiful” curves and molding details?  Yeah, they’re a pain in the butt to paint.   If any one wants to attempt this project (which why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome!), I would suggest using a dresser with FLAT surfaces.

Here's the BEFORE:


Taping it was one of the hardest parts, so naturally Brody had to help with this :)  The paint liked to get to underneath the tape on the curvy parts - boo
AFTER!!!!!:


Friends Quote:
[Scene: Chandler and Joey’s, there is lumber all over the apartment]
Chandler: Hey-hey-hey. So what happened? A forest tick you off?
Joey: No. Y'know how we’re always saying we need a place for the mail.
Chandler: Yeah!
Joey: Well, I started building one. But then I decided to take it to the next step.
Chandler: You’re building a post office?
Joey: No, an entertainment unit, with a mail cubby built right in. It’s a one day job, max.
Chandler: Okay. (notices that Joey is wearing some really tight jeans) My word! Those are snug.
Joey: Oh yeah. These are my old work pants, Sergio Valente’s.
(Chandler goes to his bedroom and opens the door. However, only the top half opens, and he trips into his bedroom over the bottom half.)
Joey: Power saw kinda got away from me there.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy awesome Traci!!! Looooove it. You are the DIY queen. I'm still planning on hiring you to be my interior decorator when Trey is a real doctor man.

Jake and Courtney Larsen said...

LOVE IT!