Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crazy Chair

So for some reason, I think I'm crafty and get these crazy ideas to repaint and reupholster stuff. A couple weeks ago I got on a garage sale kick and we found an arm chair for $5 - and I snagged it because it had such a great shape. But clearly it needed some new fabric, see below...
So one evening, Brody and I start to rip all on the fabric off...
And and entire week and one tired husband later, we came up with this... I don't know why I put Brody through this kind of torture, but he was such a trooper! And man is he good with a staple gun! I am so so pleased with the result...but I really don't think we will reupholster something this complex ever again. I should really come to terms with my actual level of craftiness.

9 comments:

Brittney said...

"such a great shape"

What a coincidence. Those are the exact words Jamison used when he first asked me on a date. And I quote, "Man, you've got such a great shape. I've gotta take you out on the town." And he did.

Missy said...

Brittney you make me laugh.

Traci, teach me your reupholstering ways. Oh and I have a faux painting technique that looks like hounds tooth I think you would enjoy.

Brian and Kristy said...

I very much like the chair. It turned out amazing. I can't wait to see it in your new house.

The Whitmers said...

Traci, you are amazing!! You can do it all. I wish I had your mad skills. I love the chair. Good work!

Shmacque said...

I LOVE IT!! you did great!! It is way cute, and of course you are crafty!!

Russell and Mikelle said...

I LOve the chair so much you guys did so well!! :)

Shanna said...

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. I so wish I could do something like that! Good job!

Celeste Louise said...

it was Sims3...

Kurt and Kristy said...

I would definitely say you have a talent!! Very impressive!