Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yes we can!

So it's official. We're going to build a house! Not ourselves, but by some people who actually know how to build houses...like this guy
To all my neighbors who love us, don't worry - we're just building across the street. I am looking forward to this because we can literally watch it go up and because moving will consist of throwing things haphazardly into our cars.
This is what our house looks like right now...

but without what appears to be a cliff on the other side of the fence. But in a few months it will look like this - ta da!
Or something similar.
Anyway, I'm thinking about having a yard sale to get rid of stuff and make money to buy new furniture :) If anyone is interested in getting in on the fun and combining forces - let me know!

9 comments:

Shmacque said...

YAY!! If Bob shows up will you set me up with him.... also, congratulations on getting such a famous builder. If u want I could see if Handy Manny could lend a hand. Seriously though I am SOOO excited for you!!

Brian and Kristy said...

Yay! Houses are so awesome. I am so excited for you!

Missy said...

Yay for you guys! But trust me, moving like that is far worse than getting a truck and doing it in one trip. I may want to get in on some of the yard sale-age. About when will it be?

Celeste Louise said...

Way to cash in on that $6,000 grant and also the $8,000 tax credit! We totally wish that Idaho had a grant. Doh!

Michelle said...

I'm down for a garage sale! We've got some stuff we need to get rid of because we simply don't want to move it to PA. Let me know when you want to do it!

Carly said...

congrats! let me know how bob does, and one day we may hire him for ourselves!

Brittney said...

Have you looked into the $5,000 first time home-buyers grant? If not, you should. You don't want to miss out on $5,000! :) Congrats btw, that's SO exciting! I forsee many trips to IKEA in the future? :)

Rachel Lacy said...

Yeah for you! I can't express how jealous I am of you right now! I can't wait to see it when its done...especially if it looks like the mansion in the picture:)

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

Congrats! That is going to be so much fun! This summer I need to recruit your help in decorating our apartment and enjoying a lunch date. Ya?