Tuesday, June 16, 2009

REAL and Archie

A couple weeks ago we went to the Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids game with my family. It was an event - before the game even started! Some parachuters dropped into the stadium from the sky...Then David Archuleta walked out to sing the national anthem and, no joke, the old woman in front of us ripped open her blouse to reveal an Archuleta t-shirt...

Then because they were dedicating the stadium, they had a member of the seventy say the dedicatory prayer. Before he prayed he said a few words in Spanish (Brody translated), including "we are here to watch this beautiful game of soccer, the king of all sports" or something to that affect. I would just like to formally agree.
Then the actual game was played. It was a pretty good game but ended with a stupid goal by the Rapids resulting in a 1-1 tie. Blurg. Then, the highlight of my evening....
No, not the "mini concert" by David Archuleta, but watching teenage girls try to storm the field to get closer to Archie, only to be chased around by security guards. HILARIOUS!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Lucky! I haven't even been to the stadium yet. Remember that one time we got way good seats from some random guy outside? That was awesome. I miss you.

Brian and Kristy said...

That is fantastic. I would have been the one in front with the t-shirt. Only to make you laugh my dear. How fun. I hope you had a good anniversary!

Shmacque said...

BLURG!! Oh Liz.... I mean Traci!! U are SILLY!! Also when you wrote Archie I was hoping for Archie and Jughead... lol.
P.S.
Shut up and let me go!!

The Park's said...

Looks like fun! Oh and I love your chair..when are you going to teach me how to make old things nice! Riley even really liked it. :) You are so crafty!