Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Clock Rocks my Socks

So a couple months ago, I found this clock online...
It is made by Steve Cambronne - a metal sculptor. He has amazing stuff - check it out here.
So instead of paying the $250 for it, Brody and I embraced our inner craftiness and total ripped off his design.
I started by drawing the shapes and tracing them on to a piece of wood.
Brody cut out the shapes with some fancy wood-cutting tools and then I painted all the pieces...
We glued the pieces together using some super-sticky wood glue...
and Voila!
I'm so in love with it! You can't tell from the picture, but it is very 3-D. Coolest. Clock. Ever.

6 comments:

Celeste Louise said...

That is a sweet clock! And i'm totally doing the same thing (ripping off someone else's artistic awesomeness) but mine's a painting. The original is amazing. We'll see how it turns out?

Nicky and Patrick said...

That is awesome! Nice work. I am not gonna lie, I am a little jealous of your clock.

Brian and Kristy said...

You are ever so crafty! I love it. How fun is that clock?

Shmacque said...

Ummmm I totally like your clock better!! You should make more and post them on CraftyThursday and charge 200!! lol Seriously I'm loving it!!

Michelle said...

Okay, now you need to make me one!! Holy crap that turned out sooo freakin sweet! I love it!!! I really do. It totally fits with your funky style.

Kayla said...

this is so cool.
tracy, pretty sure i had a chicken salad sandwich the other day and there were cashews in it... i thought of you
:) ha ha
that was like 5 years ago!
i miss you